Oblivion

Haven to discuss other worlds than that of Rubi-Ka & Hyboria.

Postby Flameforge » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:35 pm

Well I finally have started playing Oblivion now too. Gotta say that the whole training dungeon is a great introduction. I find it all a lot nicer to play than Morrowind.

I was going to be a "good" character but everything is wayyyy too tempting. Larceny, murder - that's where the action is LOL.

Just to muck around, I woke some bum and capped him. Someone called out "murder!" but no-one showed up so I went to sleep on the bum's bed. Got woken up by a guard but the Dark Brotherhood guy was there too! So the guard says he'll take me to the guard-house to sort me out, screen goes black, comes back and I'm chatting to the DarkB dude about joining them (looks awesome when he stealths off!!).

He leaves, I go rampaging and manage to kill some guards (my bounty was up to about 10,000). I strip one guard of his Imperial armour and wear it hoping for a disguise - totally didn't work. Some Palace Guard arrives so I kill him too (can't get his armour wtf).

I try to get out of the city and eventually get swarmed and lightning bolted to death by some elven dude. Wow.
Flameforge
Website monkey

I would be can't

Postby DoctorLeo » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:22 pm

Ihave SEEN oblivion. OMG but I would needa $300 video card upgrade to do it justice... don't see how I can swing that. but Agree... WOW
***LIFE WITHOUT RISK IS NO LIFE AT ALL***
Out on the Prairie hiding from Tornadoes. Don't need to meet Dorothy today and I dont trust the Wizard.
DoctorLeo

Postby Selavi » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:54 pm

You can check your bounty to see if anyone caught you in the act. If it stays clear, then your not going to jail. Also you get fame and infamy points. If you got more infamy than fame, you cant pray in the churches to cure diseases. REPENT SINNER!!! Arrghh...just got bitten by a vampire...want to get some divine healing mate..don't want me to become an even greater sinner, do ya?? DO YA???
They call this war a cloud over our nation.
Man made this weather, and now he is standing in the rain, saying ”Shit! Its raining!”
Selavi

Postby Kid » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:22 am

Well see you guys (and gals) in about 4 weeks....Two reasons.

1. I started playing Oblivion. It rocks.
2. I started downloading/watching 'Lost' from the very beginning, since everyone keeps telling me how good it is. They were right.

Ah, I'm just kidding, it'll only be 2 weeks....since I've watched all of season 1 of Lost in 3 days.
-The Doc that runs away lives to die another day.
-I am not prejudiced againts Omni's. I hate everyone equally.
-My computer goes down on me more often than my girlfriend.

==Kidkungfu
==Kidonatural
==Kidmeta
Kid

Postby Kid » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:39 am

furydemon wrote:
Selavi wrote:And also I dislike it when you are on a quest and you get aid from other NPC's. It makes battle pretty difficult, as you tend to be hitting your brothers in arms when close combat ensues.

http://ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060327

Well if you gonna post 1 comic about Oblivion, you might as well post the rest...

http://ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060313
http://ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060317
http://ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060322
http://ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060311
http://ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060306
http://ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060304
http://ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060301
http://ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060227

and couldn't resist this obvious reference to the Star Wars Galaxies grinding system - http://ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060218

==Kidkungfu
==Kidonatural
==Kidmeta
Kid

Postby Smacdevil » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:14 am

Hehe, I'm hooked too... this is my type of game!!! Yes, there are a few shortcomings but so far just minor stuff.. the rest is breathtakingly awesome :shock: :D So beautiful, so much to do, so scary.... I'm getting the same levels of submersion as when I played System Shock and Ultima Underworld.

Currently lvl 10 Dark Elf battlemage with Dwarven rmor and Ancient [something] Katana (1he weapon), and raising Sneak, Security and Armorer as much as I can. Love those 6x sneak attacks :twisted:

Regarding inventory, I have reached my limitation ages ago, and now find myself depositing my heaviest loot in chests where I find lighter loot with high value :( Anyone know how much a house (not a shack!) will set me back in gold, so I can store all my stuff?

Also, what is the best way to train the Mercantile skill? I would like to find a trainer with Master (or Godlike) skill level ;)
Smacdevil

Postby Selavi » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:11 am

Smacdevil wrote:Regarding inventory, I have reached my limitation ages ago, and now find myself depositing my heaviest loot in chests where I find lighter loot with high value :( Anyone know how much a house (not a shack!) will set me back in gold, so I can store all my stuff?

Also, what is the best way to train the Mercantile skill? I would like to find a trainer with Master (or Godlike) skill level ;)

You can purchase a house i near the waterfront in the Imperial City. It costs 2000 gold. the rest of the houses in the different towns are way more expensive.

To raise mercantile without training, you can sell stacked items one at a time. Every time you make a successfull sale/purchase, you gain some point towards skill increase. Do not remember who trains the mercantile skill.
Man made this weather, and now he is standing in the rain, saying ”Shit! Its raining!”
Selavi

Postby Smacdevil » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:33 am

The waterfront... what do you take me for Sel, some kind of water rat? :P Although I suppose it's a way to get started as long as pesky thieves (like me) come sneaking to steal my phatz while I'm away on adventures :wink:

I just need to complete the Cure for Vampirism quest so the damn NPCs will speak to me again.. my beautiful ebony face has become a ghastly pale greenish-grey now, and with my red eyes glaring at them it's no wonder they react with disgust :aliengreen: Just missing 5 Nightshade leaves to deliver to the witch along with the other stuff. Problem is, when I drink the cure potion, I bet my strength will drop to normal non-vampire level, forcing me to drop lots of loot to travel ... so much to plan lol
Smacdevil

Postby Flameforge » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:09 pm

Argh Oblivion is so involving. I was on holiday and playing quite a lot but then the game just starting dying a slow agonising death - basically I can't enter any city anymore or option any interface windows or else the game slows to about 1 frame per minute!

I checked on the forum and it seems to be a general problem (mem leak or something) and we're all waiting for a vaporware patch, sigh.

I want to pillage more dungeons :mrgreen:
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Flameforge » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:10 pm

Wow I found someone's INI file tweak guide on the Oblivion forum which has totally fixed all my problems. I can play again, and even have the graphics turned up much higher than before! yay

The Dark Brotherhood contracts have been great fun. Was funny to listen to some of the pirates... "I couldn't control the ship, there was gull crap on the wheel and it was slippery" hahaha.
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Smacdevil » Tue May 02, 2006 4:59 am

Hmm, think I'm gonna try to find that ini file too, getting too much graphical lag to fight effectively and without killing my own side in battles with many participants :( Keep getting "Your actions have been noted... " message from the Dark Brotherhood, hehe
Smacdevil

Postby Flameforge » Tue May 02, 2006 3:27 pm

I got stuck with my thief character. Ran out of lockpicks and I need to unlock a sewer gate to go sneak into the Imperial Prison, d'oh!

So I started a mage and joined the mage guild. Whoa lots of fun! Great way to make $$ too because once you are in the guild you can pick up almost anything in the guild halls and then just sell it back to them LOL. It's really tough trying to manage the shear number of spells but quite rewarding, I gotta say.
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Smacdevil » Tue May 02, 2006 10:18 pm

Flameforge wrote:I got stuck with my thief character. Ran out of lockpicks and I need to unlock a sewer gate to go sneak into the Imperial Prison, d'oh!

he-he, some predicament :mrgreen: Just wondering though, weren't you able to sneak back out of one of the sewer's other exits?
Smacdevil

Postby Selavi » Wed May 03, 2006 7:44 am

Those lockpicks gets cleaned out pretty often. and usuall when boldly attempting to jimmy a lock far beyond the skill. I jsut dont seem to get the hand on unlocking things. Learned a "open easy" lock spell tho. so wont need to "waste" any locks there. But I read somewhere that you can get a skeleton key or something in a quest. An unbreakable lockpick. Prolly a thiefs guild quest.
Selavi

Postby Kid » Wed May 03, 2006 10:01 am

For Mage class players, here is a nice tip.

Create a spell that your fortifies intelligence. Make it as powerful as you can cast (magicka cost + level req). Ideally, try for 100 magnitude for 120 seconds. (you may need to boost your magicka with sigil stones)

Now, create a 2nd spell that does the same thing, but say 100 magnitude for 100 secs.

Here's the trick.....2 different 'fortify Intelligence' spells will stack. So cast the first 120 sec spell, regen the magicka, then cast the 100 sec spell. You can end up with 600-700 magicka easy. They should run out at approx the same time.

Of course, you can do somethign similar for Willpower and have a really high magicka regen rate!

2nd quick tip is that DoT spells cost less magicka per damage point. So a '10 damage over 2 secs' spell cost less magicka than a '20 damage over 1 sec' spell.

==Kidkungfu
==Kidonatural
==Kidmeta
Kid

PreviousNext

Return to Alternate Worlds