For you EQ vets

Haven to discuss other worlds than that of Rubi-Ka & Hyboria.

For you EQ vets

Postby Volais » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:03 am

SOE has announced that it will open the "Combine" server With a new "progression" ruleset.

Basically, the game starts off with the original EQ....no expansions enabled and aome of the old zones/mobs reset.

You progress through the expansions..unlocking them one by one.

Some basic things will not be changed:
Basic balance changes will not be changed (unless they interfere with the gameplay)
The "new" Freeport will not be reverted to Old Freeport (Groans about)
The boats are not promised....but the developers have mentioned that they are now working (finally) and expect that they will return.
A few other things.

Name reservations are open now, the server will launch around June 28th.
Volais

Expansions

Postby Talker » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:52 pm

Hi there,
Recently i tried to go back and play my old EQ account, and i was shocked to see that in the 6 months i hadn't play i was like 5 expansions behind LOL

This basicly meaned that after you quit playing a wile you canot find people to play with after you return, becouse others the same lvl as you are playing in continents you donot own yet and playing EQ alone or solo if you want is just not done in this game well it is but its no fun.

In short: if i wanted to really play this game again i would have to pay 100 Euro's in upgrades and the monthly fee, EQ is not THAT good lol
A new server with the original rules set would be cool to play with.
I started with this game when it was released and back then it was revolutional and it had its charme but right now ? i dunno

Funkyy
Talker

Postby Volais » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:12 am

thats Progression for ya. Starts from the beginning, goes to the end. Gives ya time to get the expansions
Volais

Return to Alternate Worlds