NWN2

Haven to discuss other worlds than that of Rubi-Ka & Hyboria.

NWN2

Postby furydemon » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:14 pm

OK who else is playing this? I love it! Not perfect by any means, but the stronghold etc makes it really fun for me 8)
[The Cyb0r Pope Jpegg] That's Mr Bitch to you...
furydemon

Postby Flameforge » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:20 pm

I picked it up a few days ago. Playing as an evil aasimar sorceress... which seems to be slow going so only level 7 at the mo. 8)

It's pretty cool - feels like a mix of NWN1 and KotOR. The extra companions are fun (altho I never seem to keep *any* of them happy...). And I think they've done a better job of the story presentation this time.

AI is a bit annoying. Why does Elanee never heal anyone?? I cast Protection From Arrows on myself so why do my fighters run miles away to whack the archers while there are mobs beating my face :roll:

Will probably have to shelve this game for now tho because Disgaea 2 should finally see its Oz release today :D/
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Shinali » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:16 pm

Ive been playing this, have have lvl 14 Aasimar paladin/divine champion. Much better than NWN1. Party members AI isnt the greatest but it works. Flame you can change party members actions from char sheet so that they will protect the leader etc. though it doesnt work all the time and with spell casting ppl start throwing fireballs n stuff at the first sight of lil rats etc. when they shoud cast spell accordingly to mobs threat lvl...
Shinali

Postby Nusse » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:25 am

Picked it up on release, installed it and waiting for next patch before starting to play.
Nusse

Postby Flameforge » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:28 pm

Shinali wrote:Flame you can change party members actions from char sheet so that they will protect the leader etc. though it doesnt work all the time and with spell casting ppl start throwing fireballs n stuff at the first sight of lil rats etc. when they shoud cast spell accordingly to mobs threat lvl...

Yes I did turn off protect leader which did help stop them running off so much. Still have to manage each comrade a lot though. 8)

Flameforge wrote:Disgaea 2 should finally see its Oz release today

Ohhhh I am enjoying this one... :twisted:
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby furydemon » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:25 am

[quote="Flameforge"]
Yes I did turn off protect leader which did help stop them running off so much.

Games aimed a little at people who enjoy pausing each turn (or regularly at least) to give commands. I dont so much tho & it's OK :D
[The Cyb0r Pope Jpegg] That's Mr Bitch to you...
furydemon

Postby lynett » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:16 pm

started playing nwn2 yesterday, really like it. ai of the comrades is ... strange. wish they would stop using heal potions at least ;) (yes, i turned use items off)
--
cu
lyn
lynett

Postby Psymonator » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:05 am

dont wanna sound like a numpty here, but what exactly IS NWN2?
Psymonator

Postby Shinali » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:21 am

Neverwinter nights 2
Shinali

Postby Ukulele » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:32 am

Wasn't impressed the first time I tried it but gave it a new chance couple of days ago and even though it isn't baldur's gate, I'm semi-hooked now. I have a aasimar cleric that will become a warpriest. Always loved clerics as toons since they can be pretty decent fighters too. :)

I love those new D&D rules that allow use of any weapon on any toon and few of those prestige classes seem pretty nice. Some of them seem like a total crap too, like that harper agent. :( I really hate the camera.. it's SO annoying. And I don't like the crafting either. It just doesn't seem to fit in. Anyone know if there will be NPCs at some point who can do the crafting so I don't have to spend my precious feats on that? I also miss the feel and atmosphere of BGs. They looked better too..

I'll propably try to finish the campaing with my cleric now and then maybe try some fighter/assassin combo, Artemis Entreri style. :D/
:aliendance:
Ukulele

Return to Alternate Worlds