I gave in to Blizzards Evil

Haven to discuss other worlds than that of Rubi-Ka & Hyboria.

I gave in to Blizzards Evil

Postby Kid » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:15 am

I bought WoW.

<---runs for cover and gets the fire extinguisher.

So, before I log in and choose a server to play on, I was wondering if anyone here plays. If so, which server and which clan/guild?

Also, should I play on US server or Euro server?
-The Doc that runs away lives to die another day.
-I am not prejudiced againts Omni's. I hate everyone equally.
-My computer goes down on me more often than my girlfriend.

==Kidkungfu
==Kidonatural
==Kidmeta
Kid

Postby Psymonator » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:49 pm

just go on server Atlantean on RK1 and join the org Cerberus, you'll do fine :)
Psymonator

Postby Freuty » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:07 am

EU Server - Shadowsong... few of us old timers still hanging around, although mostly in AIL now since merger... Heirs of Cerberus is still in existence and used for our lowbie alts :D

I can be found on Luvingston (60 priest) or Skeat (60 hunter) mainly these days, or occasionally Vash (60 rogue).. so gimme a shout if you should find yourself on our realm.

Otherwise, just have fun and enjoy the journey... I find it a lot less of a grind than AO used to be :D
Freuty, Veteran
Luvingston, Veteran
Freuty

Postby Jpegg » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:14 am

As one of the many ‘I hate WoW and I’ll never leave AO’ bandwagon followers, I will safely put my hands up and say that WoW is fantastic. I’ve only been playing since Easter last year but I won’t be going anywhere else for a very long time. It’s good looking, there’s no camping for 3 weeks for that item you always wanted, no grinding or very little because you do quests which give great xp. Tradeskilling actually pays off and really can bring the money in if you’re good at it and so on and so on and so on.

Give it a try and have fun as Freuts says. It’s a lovely game.
Jpegg

Postby Freuty » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:26 am

Sorry to hijack this thread, but OMGAWD! Jpegg joined the dark side :D Good to hear, shame we're not on same server, might have to create another toon on yours just to bug you some ;)
Freuty, Veteran
Luvingston, Veteran
Freuty

Postby Jpegg » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:35 am

Hehe yea, Lianti got me into it so you can blame her :P We went Darksorrow because RAMP was formed by her brother and his army mates. We progressing slowly and getting ready for BC this month :) Lianti has a 60 druid now. Well, like in AO, she has 2 accounts and thirty million active toons :P I just got me a 60 lock, 19 priest and a warrior who I’ve fallen in love with just hit 29.

Funny you should mention rolling a char and visiting, I had a whisper from Chestity over the weekend, my old President from Lions Den and OOTS in AO. Was a great surprise :)

It’s a damned good game though. Reckon I’ll roll a little toon and pop across to your server too for a visit.
Jpegg

Postby Freuty » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:48 am

2 accounts *cough* who would do such a thing ;) Well, the wife wanted to play so wot could I do hehe... she got warrior to 57 or so then quit, altho she's now 60 and enjoys mining and playing the auction house, basically raising as much cash as she can... at which point I beg, borrow and steal it all ;)

I agree, its a great game, even the PvP is sometimes fun, altho I'm crap at it, they even took the grind out of that recently, Blizzard have seemed to recognise the casual player and added much more stuff for them to do, whilst still keeping a good amount of content for the hardcore. Still, it's not for everyone, but I love it :D

See u on DarkSorrow ;)
Freuty, Veteran
Luvingston, Veteran
Freuty

Postby Jpegg » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:01 am

Well I’ve been cashing in on the pvp side lately, getting as many epix as I can before the expansion. We’re all going to find better blues and maybe some greens better than today’s 60 epix as we head to level 70 so if all you gotta do now is spend honour points and marks to get your uber armour, then I’ll have some of that :P

I think pvp depends on what class you play. Lia hates pvp with her main since she’s mainly healer and as a healer, you find yourself keeping someone alive long enough for them to run away and leave you with 5 horde jumping on your head :P But on the upside, her hunter is an absolute killer and she loves her in pvp. I like it because I personally feel the warlock is overpowered now with the introduction of the Felguard. So until they nerf me, I’m gonna make use of him and kill as many players as I can :P

Anyways Kid, apologies for the ambush and abduction of your thread. Roll yourself a character and go explore Azeroth. You won’t regret it :)
Jpegg

Postby Renegader » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:53 am

Come join the dark side @ Kazzak :twisted:
Also got a 60 paladin at Shadowsong, altho I dont play her atm since I got alot of other characters to gear up before TBC :)

- Renegader
- Retired
Renegader

Postby Kid » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:54 am

Well after 9 days without a reply giving a server name, I had already created a toon. I'm on Kadghar server, and I've spent too much time leveling this toon up to change now :(

I've a level 23 Druid after 4 days. Should have L60 within a month.

This game is exceptionally addictive. I've never had sooooo much content thrown in my face before. I have 25 quests active (max) and about another 15 that I'm waiting to start. There's the normal character leveling, a talent tree, mining, first aid, skinning, herbalism, cooking and several tradeskills all to be leveled up. So there is always a sense of achievement. The trade system (auction house) is great as well....so simple to use...difficult to master.

I'm really surprised how good this game is. The only thing I don't like is the fantasy setting. I prefer the science fiction setting of AO.

I'm glad I tried this now.

P.S. if anyone is looking for low-mid level items in AO, put a post on the forums. I've I have it, you can have it for nothing of course. Also, if I have anything that belongs to anyone, just let me know. I had a list of borrowed items but lost it when Hard drive died. And my memory is terrible. Sorry.

==Kidkungfu
==Kidonatural
==Kidmeta
Kid

Postby Psymonator » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:28 am

meh, WoW sucks tbh, downloaded it, took me like 3 days o.0
then went to join my friends server, just to find out i had the "american" client o.0 i mean WTF! surely i dont have to download the whole game again :| anyone know if i just change a file or so to make it an english one would be useful :)

Psy PS dont worry, be back on AO in a few days, just my friend wanted to try it out, n asked if i wanted to too :)
Psymonator

Postby Kid » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:32 am

Psymonator wrote:meh, WoW sucks tbh, downloaded it, took me like 3 days o.0
then went to join my friends server, just to find out i had the "american" client o.0 i mean WTF! surely i dont have to download the whole game again :| anyone know if i just change a file or so to make it an english one would be useful :)

Psy PS dont worry, be back on AO in a few days, just my friend wanted to try it out, n asked if i wanted to too :)

The server depends on your registration details. If you register with a US address you get the US Realms. I'm not sure how to change this, but a quick email to bliz support should give you an answer.

==Kidkungfu
==Kidonatural
==Kidmeta
Kid

Postby furydemon » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:09 am

JP - answer your PMs!

Shadowsong is where it's at for alliance for sure - seen Vash around tho & didnt realise it was froots :P

You can always server transfer Kid!
[The Cyb0r Pope Jpegg] That's Mr Bitch to you...
furydemon

Postby Jpegg » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:34 am

Sweetie, I haven’t had any PM’s !!!! And here’s me thinking you can’t be arsed answering mine :P
Jpegg

Postby Jpegg » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:58 am

Hmm, I’m not actually sure whether or not the PM thing is working. I still got a message to Buzzed in my outbox which was sent December 14th O.o
Jpegg

Next

Return to Alternate Worlds