9 Dragons

Haven to discuss other worlds than that of Rubi-Ka & Hyboria.

9 Dragons

Postby Selavi » Fri May 04, 2007 6:17 am

While roaming around the internett, searching for nothing and everything, I came across an interesting game called 9 dragons. What made this game particulary interesting, is that it is FREE to play. Ok, I thought...FREE usually means STINKS. But Ill give it a go. But boy was I surprised on how good it realy was. Graphicwise it beats AO and WOW good. Gameplay...well...its not even 1/5 as big as the above mentioned games, but it holds its own.

You start out as a vagabond drifter that want to do something with your life, and decide that trashing mobs using Kung Fu is a very good idea. So the story begins on the journey for fame, searh for your inner self and the training of Kung Fu....and boy are there many different Kung Fu moves to be learned.

6 different clans, 3 black and 3 white, offer training and equipment to any would be Bruce Lee fan of the genre. Here you work yourself up through the chain of command. Uncovering new moves as you climb the ladder in your clan. Each clan letting you take one role out of 4 different ones. Warrior, Healer, Caster/nuker and Hybrid (jack of all trades).

The game also gives out quests with different type of rewards, wich are revealed as you gain levels. Lets you get small goals for yourself, besides reaching that next level.

The land is also cleverly designed in such a way, that you gradually need to move inland to meet mobs of the right opposition. And towns are scattered about as you reach further inland, in wich you can set up camp, sell items, buy items, find teammates or just hang out between fights.

Lots more to explore and new content being added all the time.
If it sounds interesting, then check out http://9dragons.acclaim.com/ and see for yourself. If you want to play it and hang out with old buggers from yourn, then you can find me on the EU server Bardo, under the name Selavi. Proud member of the Wu Tang clan. :wink:
They call this war a cloud over our nation.
Man made this weather, and now he is standing in the rain, saying ”Shit! Its raining!”
Selavi

Postby Renegader » Fri May 04, 2007 9:08 am

Looks like yet another hardcore grinding game next to all other Asian MMORPG games :)
But I like to try new MMO so will give ya a shout when I got it installed and ready to play!

- Renegader
- Retired
Renegader

Postby Flameforge » Fri May 04, 2007 4:32 pm

Hmm could be interesting
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Psymonator » Fri May 04, 2007 4:46 pm

I just been playing on it a little, but it seems like a more confusing version of Hero Online (which is also a martial arts based frre MMORPG) but it's stiill ok :)
Psymon The hot Korean Pimp!!! Who Gets With ALL The Ladies!!!
Psymonator

Postby Selavi » Sat May 05, 2007 9:56 am

Ill be on the lookout for some of you then =) But I wont be online before tomorrow afternoon sometime. Thats around 1700 GMT..aproxiamtly. =)
Man made this weather, and now he is standing in the rain, saying ”Shit! Its raining!”
Selavi

Postby Selavi » Sat May 05, 2007 9:58 am

Yeah, it might be grinding if you like. But I sort of hate grinding, and cant say as having experienced to much of that yet. Perhaps its because you gain levels pretty fast, and keep learning new moves to test out =)

But for me, the best experience one can have in these games, are with friends =)
Selavi

Postby Superfreakeh » Sat May 05, 2007 12:39 pm

So according to you, what faction is similar to clan, White or Black? I need to know which to choose.
JWin' since 1990
Superfreakeh

Postby Selavi » Sat May 05, 2007 12:51 pm

Factions are divided into different clans. Black faction got 3 clans, and white faction got 3. I am a member of clan Wa Tung, wich is also a white faction clan. The clan is not player run, but players can form bands withing the clan they are members, and make what we know as guilds in other MMORPG's.

Hope this gave the right answer to your question =)
Selavi

Postby Superfreakeh » Sat May 05, 2007 3:40 pm

so say I join Wu-Tang... there will be a "guild" in there where my cerb friends will quite possibly be?
JWin' since 1990
Superfreakeh

Postby Renegader » Sat May 05, 2007 4:42 pm

Sorry to say that I've played better free MMORPG's then this game :)
After beating my way to lvl12, I still cant find this game amusing at all.
Ok, it was fun to try, but neh I'm done :)

- Renegader
- Retired
Renegader

Postby Flameforge » Sat May 05, 2007 5:00 pm

I downloaded it but the installer does not run grr
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Selavi » Sat May 05, 2007 10:41 pm

We can make up hero bands, wich is an option given to you once you reach a certain level, and complete a few quests, (wich I am currently working on) that will function the same way as a guild, atleast as far as I have understood things. To join said band, you wont need to complete all these quests, nor reach a certain level. Just the "founder" need to in order to create a band. I was thinking I would create such a guild for wich people in Cerberus could join if they liked 9dragons, and wanted to play with people they knew =) I have also met a nice chap from Malta I am playing with, and talking about creating such a band with =)

Sorry you did not like it Ren, but as with so many things in life, we can not like everything the same way =)

Did you read the forums of 9dragons for some tech help, Flame?
Selavi

Postby Superfreakeh » Sun May 06, 2007 11:39 pm

I keep getting an invalid TOC Signature error when trying to install 9 Dragons.
JWin' since 1990
Superfreakeh

Postby Selavi » Mon May 07, 2007 4:57 am

There seem to be a couple of people having that particular issue on the tech forums. Here is a link to one suggestion for solving it.
http://phpbb.acclaim.com/9dragons/viewt ... +signature
Selavi

Postby Superfreakeh » Mon May 07, 2007 12:11 pm

*sigh* I give up.
JWin' since 1990
Superfreakeh

Return to Alternate Worlds