Alatheya

Haven to discuss other worlds than that of Rubi-Ka & Hyboria.

Alatheya

Postby Varza » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:15 pm

Varza/Objective here ... There is actually a good reason why I haven't been in-game :P
It's called Alatheya. It's a game I have been making with a group of people. We want to know what "experienced" MMO players think about it :thumbsup:

Btw, Should hopefully be back in-game soon, if I get the time ... Here is some info about it:

Alatheya is a Massively-Multiplayer-Online-Role-Playing-Game (MMORPG) that attempts to integrate all the best features of other, more established games of the same genre. The melee fighting system plays more like a classic 3-D fighter, the ranged fighting system feels more like a First-Person-Shooter, and the magic/skill system is designed so you won’t end up doing the same action over and over.

Players can spend time crafting items then sell them at their leisure while others may choose to group with friends to kill hoards of monsters. The best feature of Alatheya is that each player has total freedom to do whatever s/he wants!

The goal of Alatheya is to be a game that is rewarding, fun, and logical. The game mechanics are designed to minimize the “grind” play style most MMORPGs require. Players shouldn't be limited to a single class or even a single race! Since, they are the heart and soul of the game they should also have a limited power to dictate how the game plays. Every player has the power to start wars, bring about peace, become a legend, or a shadowy vagabond: the choice is up to you!

Highlights
* Instant-kills
* Hostility system for PvE and PvP
* War system for PvP
* Magic system derived of recipes, movements, and chants
* Ability to change your race/sex via quests
* Minimal need for NPCs
* Entirely player-based/created world/towns
* Implants/mods
* Global player market
* Player-based stores
* Eight unique races
* Fully customizable Class system
* Robust and interactive Combat system
* Crafting system that makes logical sense
* Unique weather events (earthquakes, tornadoes, etc.)

That's just a little about it, there is much more info on the actual site !
It would be nice if some of my old guildmates could pop by the forums and say Hi! :D/
And we need your advice! :D If any of you can help out also, 3D modeling, Texturing etc, that would be great!

http://www.alatheya.com

(I go by the name of "Obstructive" on the forums and "Wolfb4ne" is the project manager.)
Hope to see you in-game or on the Alatheya forums. :)
Varza

Re: Alatheya

Postby Superfreakeh » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:54 pm

The screen shots look great. Would love to see actual game play, or experience it for myself...
JWin' since 1990
Superfreakeh

Re: Alatheya

Postby Varza » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:31 pm

Yup, We are just finishing off some models and getting a server for the "Closed Alpha" test, from that it should go to "Open Alpha" and people can start testing :)

Glad you like the screenshots :P
Varza

Return to Alternate Worlds