Age of Conan Server

Haven to discuss other worlds than that of Rubi-Ka & Hyboria.

Age of Conan Server

Postby furydemon » Tue May 13, 2008 12:18 am

Hi all - sorry if you've posted this already, but I didn't see it on a search. I'm trying to make sure I get on an AOC server with the most people I know :) Have you guys got any plans for servers, how are you co-ordinating? The early access is starting soon :)
[The Cyb0r Pope Jpegg] That's Mr Bitch to you...
furydemon

Re: Age of Conan Server

Postby Psymonator » Tue May 13, 2008 2:45 am

As nobody ever seems to want to answer this question, im going to put my foot forward and answer what i believe Cerbs would enjoy most!

Ok Cerberus has never been an RP org, so i guess there isnt much point choosing one we all dont wish to partake in ;). When it comes to PvP Cerbs have always been active in tower battles and battlestations, infact just a couple week ago we pretty much WERE the battlestation with the amount of Cerbs in there :P But we have never really taken to ganking in Borealis (as far as i know) so i believe the PvE server would be the best choice, it still has PvP minigames similar to that of the battlestations, and also has seige wars which are the AoC equivalent to tower wars i believe. So we could all still partake in as much PvP as we all want :) But without the threat of being ganked on our way to do a quest and losing all our armor :( (even though it is apparently easy to get back, it is still annoying! :) ). I remember when they made Borealis into a 0% fighting area, nobody would dare enter it incase they got instaganked by a horde of agents waiting in sneak, unless you were one of the poor sods trying to complete your Bazzit quest :P But it was terrible trying to go to borealis always in fear of being ganked!

I myself LOVE PvP it is what i mainly play MMO's for :) But i hate the idea of not being able to run around places which should be safe without being ganked :o and as far as im aware there isn't a level cap on PvP :(

Also the Europe server seems best in my eyes, the main population of Cerberus is European, even though we do have a few American peeps in our crowd :P But with a new game like AoC i would imagine you will still get all the gameplay and teamwork at your normal playtimes!

- Demonoligist - Lustycorpse
- Guardian - Meow
Psymon The hot Korean Pimp!!! Who Gets With ALL The Ladies!!!
Psymonator

Postby Cogs » Tue May 13, 2008 9:05 am

Cerberus has never been an RP org? Oh how little you know of its history :)

Hi Demon...holy smoke! :D
AIL will be setting up shop on a PVE server, possibly branching out to a PVP-RP server, but first and foremost PVE.
Cogs

Postby Psymonator » Tue May 13, 2008 2:08 pm

we were RP at some point? :o well that's quite a shock :P i was just going off the last 3 years, and assuming it had always been like that :)
Psymonator

Postby Quezt » Tue May 13, 2008 2:16 pm

You'd be surprised on how many old RP'ers are sneaking around here ;)
Quezt
220 Soldier, Advisor of Cerberus
Got a Quezt in every major MMO so far....
Quezt

Postby furyangel » Thu May 15, 2008 9:16 am

Hey Cerbs :D

Personally I am going to play on a PVE server at first until I get to grips with the game and classes, current list of EU English PVE Server names:

Bori
Crom
Dagon
Ymir

I am guessing that everyone will join Crom for the name and so I suggest Dagon might be a good one to go for... any thoughts from you guys? Would be awesome to play again with some of the Cerbs crew. OMG Hi Cogs! (Haha I just noticed my old signature pic - awesome)
General of Pantheon
furyangel

Postby furydemon » Thu May 15, 2008 12:19 pm

Cogs wrote:Cerberus has never been an RP org? Oh how little you know of its history :)
Hi Demon...holy smoke! :D
AIL will be setting up shop on a PVE server, possibly branching out to a PVP-RP server, but first and foremost PVE.

There's probably still quite a few RP posts from back in the day on here... (And they're from before I joined Cerbs - centuries ago :P )

*Hugs Cogs* I missed this reply as Jasp gave me access to the AoC forums - looking forward to playing with you again :D/
furydemon

Postby Cogs » Thu May 15, 2008 1:11 pm

Likewise, Demon..and Angel :D
Maybe we can even get some good ole TS/Ventrilo sessions going again :D

*hugs right back at ya* :D
Silly ole bugger
Cogs

Postby furydemon » Thu May 15, 2008 1:16 pm

Wow, we had so much fun on vent :drunk: I would love to get some of that going again sometime! (I need to go buy a new mic ) You really can't beat our crazy XP sessions while gossiping away :) haha Fun times
furydemon

Postby Flameforge » Thu May 15, 2008 1:56 pm

G'day FuryA & FuryD :mrgreen:
Nice to see you both still around
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Psymonator » Thu May 15, 2008 6:16 pm

*cough* i have a vent server going basically unused except for maybe 4 people, you guys are more than welcome to use it for AoC, will be nice to see some new faces on there o.o and to speak to you ofc :P
Psymonator

Postby furydemon » Thu May 15, 2008 9:51 pm

Flameforge wrote:G'day FuryA & FuryD :mrgreen:
Nice to see you both still around

Hey Flame :) Likewise - I'm also hoping that Oceanic players can log onto EU servers? It'd be nice to actually get to play anMMO with you :P Not just pass by on forums haha
furydemon

Postby Flameforge » Fri May 16, 2008 3:20 am

I couldn't resist all the buzz on this forum lately and gave in and pre-ordered the game today!

furydemon wrote:I'm also hoping that Oceanic players can log onto EU servers? It'd be nice to actually get to play anMMO with you :P Not just pass by on forums haha

:lol: Yeah here's hoping I'll be able to pop onto your server and hang out.
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Indefatigable » Fri May 16, 2008 8:01 am

So which server are you guys planning to play on Cerberus/AIL? I doubt many of you remember me (Minimalist) but myself and my girlfriend are probably going to play on a PvE server.
Indefatigable

Postby Quezt » Fri May 16, 2008 8:08 am

Heya Indef, good to see ya around. We're most probably going to start on the PvE server Ymir, but nothing is set in stone quite yet
Quezt
220 Soldier, Advisor of Cerberus
Got a Quezt in every major MMO so far....
Quezt

Next

Return to Alternate Worlds