Wurm Online

Haven to discuss other worlds than that of Rubi-Ka & Hyboria.

Wurm Online

Postby Selavi » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:29 am

Came across this nifty lill game a little while back. I was searching the internett for a pure tradeskill game, and I was not disapointed with the one that I found. This game lets you build EVERYTHING you need to survive in a hostile new world. Carve out your home with a flimsy shovel, dig tunnels to find iron so you can get a smithy running to improve your tools. Build houses with windows and doors. Smack a lock on that door to prevent thievery. Place walls and fences around your property to prevent wild animals to venture isnside your compound. Farm the land to make food so you wont go hungry. Replant the forests as you cut down trees to build your houses, warmachines and sailboats. Forge armor and weapons of destruction. Get that shovel working to alternate the land as you dig down or fill dirt to increase the height of the landscape. Yes, there isn't a thing you cant build or make here! Best part is still to come...its FREE!! Only thing you get from premium, is the ability to increase your skills beyond 20, of wich you get tons of....skills that is ;) Search the ground and find an acorn...and *wammo* you learned nature skill. Get better at it, and increase chances of finding those all important seeds from wich you need in order to plant and farm food.

This isnt as much a MMORPG as it is a life simulator. The fighting in this game is far from the best things I have ever seen. Acctually, its pretty damn dull, difficult and I don't even bother with it. So if you like fighting, then this isnt a game for you. In fact, this game is a matter of liking tradeskills. Making things yourself, digging tunnels, building houses and walls and alternate the terrain with digging. Ships was just introduced, so I am gathering the materials now to build a boat so I can sail the seven seas....or something like that.

Any grinding here you ask? Well...show me a MMO where there isnt any grinding. Some skills increase by itself automatically while you gather materials. Others need to be grinded as you dont realy put out enough items for it to increase by itself (see fine carpentry). Digging however, or mining goes up faster, as you constantly dig or mine to either carve out the landscape to build your home, or get stone or other materials for your forge.

There is a lot to be said about wurm. You either like it, or you dont. If you like it, you tend to log on every day. If not to play for several hours, then just enough to tend the fields, as they will overgrow and rot if you dont tend them.

If you enjoy tradeskill on a massive scale, then I strongly suggest you take a look at this game. Its strightly java based, and you dont need to download tons of megabytes of gamefiles. And you be suprised of how good the graphics acctually are even tho they used such a simple engine.

http://wurmonline.com/ is the place to seek.
They call this war a cloud over our nation.
Man made this weather, and now he is standing in the rain, saying ”Shit! Its raining!”
Selavi

Re: Wurm Online

Postby Psymonator » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:07 am

just downloaded and finished patching :) I went on the home server, anyways to contact you in-game? :) Cya there soon dude
Psymon The hot Korean Pimp!!! Who Gets With ALL The Ladies!!!
Psymonator

Re: Wurm Online

Postby Selavi » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:27 am

Contact Selavi ingame. there is no sort of offline tells here implementet. But if I am online, youl get a hold of me.
They call this war a cloud over our nation.
Man made this weather, and now he is standing in the rain, saying ”Shit! Its raining!”
Selavi

Return to Alternate Worlds