Hello

Haven to discuss other worlds than that of Rubi-Ka & Hyboria.

Hello

Postby BlueMeenie » Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:27 am

Hi guys

im at work atm , and thought i would say hello.

i doubt i will be back on Rubi Ka for some time, i think i messed things up
there.

tho i really miss u guys.

btw,

Fangtooth has relocated to Tatooine, he bought a nice house there overlooking his factory and mines. and he's getting quite adept at sniping stormtroopers.

hes starting a guild there soon too
if any of u guys get a chance to visit, he's on shadowfire.

i will try to get back on ventrilo if u still use it
BlueMeenie

Postby Cogs » Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:35 am

Hello ole friend! :D !! Dammit, I miss you too m8.........what you mean you messed up on RK? Life aint the same there without you , you know, youre missed...a lot :D!
M8, I hope your son is doing good after his accident, was a terrible scare, and you bet we have been thinking of both you and your wife, and your son in particular. Hope he is getting better, and doing fine!
You gotta report on SWG then, m8..I know there are some that are quite interested, Bigswede especially I think :)....but I prolly wont venture there..unless things turn real bad on RK...which they havent yet, lol..still waitin for SL as you know :)
And yeah, m8, we still use Ventrilo so would be wonderful to talk to you again.....youre welcome to join us anytime, ole friend!
Hope to see you soon then :D
Silly ole bugger
Cogs

Postby BlueMeenie » Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:40 am

ill be on tonight then,

Nathan is better now, he still isnt quite the same as before the accident, but his speech has returned and his walking is getting better.

ive become a bit of a crafter on swg,

its fun , just like the first days of ao, when everyone was a noob and explored and stuff.

we should make a swg forum here,

how about "Rebel Freedom fighters" ? lol
BlueMeenie

Postby Cogs » Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:47 am

hehe, maybe you can talk ole Bigs into making the "Rebel Fighters" section :)
Happy to hear Nathan is doing better! Given some time, Im sure he will be back to his normal self! Takes time for such injuries to heal, but he is so young that Im sure he will be back to his former self :D

btw, did you order SWG from the US? didnt know it had released in Europe yet.......
Silly ole bugger
Cogs

Postby BlueMeenie » Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:01 am

i got it from a small local independant retailer who imported it

crafting is amazing, and is the focal point of swg,

all the best items are crafted

i can make mineral harvesters now, and sell them in my store

btw,

my puter

athlon 1gig processor
512 meg pc 133 ram
GF3 Ti 500
decent sound card
512K adsl line

i would say that im borderline on min spec to play

im saving up to buy a guild hall, there huge buildings, and you can place vendors, furniture and stuff in it,

the have 3 floors and 20+ rooms cost 400K tho, they are required , in order to have a guild, all guild administration is done there on a terminal in the guild hall
BlueMeenie

Postby Cogs » Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:08 am

hmm.....it does sound intriguing, lol.......but..umm...how much did you pay for it in Scotland? maybe you could be a link for the boys over here, m8? Bigs asked me the other day if I knew anyone in the US that could do it...but maybe you could help him? just a thought...if Bigs do get it, Im gonna have to go to Sweden and have a look at it and a few "bæsj" (beer:))
Silly ole bugger
Cogs

Postby BlueMeenie » Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:49 am

im sure they sell online

i wil pop into that store in the way home
and get the url
BlueMeenie

Postby BlueMeenie » Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:03 am

btw

can you post or mp me the ventrilo server address again ?

i got hit bad on the first wave of msblast.exe attacks and had to reinstall
thought my comp was just messed up lol.

anyways , what are u guys upto thesedays?

anything intresting happening ~?
BlueMeenie

Postby Flameforge » Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:19 am

Hey Meenie! Nice of you to stop by and letting us know how things are going :) I would stop to chat, but I really need to get to bed, heh.
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Cogs » Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:27 am

server address : irc.shadow-realms.org

We can talk more about whats happening on Vent, m8 :)
Silly ole bugger
Cogs

Postby BlueMeenie » Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:58 am

Ok i went to the store to get the address , but they dont have a site.

He said he can do it via email instead.

ive been using the store for years and its the same chap that has always owned it

Store details

G Force Group
77 Union St
Glasgow
G1 3TA

Tel +44 141 248 8272
Fax +44 141 248 8404

Email: Gforce0141@hotmail.com
ngtait@msn.com

he has many in stock
BlueMeenie

Postby BigSwede » Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:26 pm

Hey. Sorry I missed out on this discussion. I've been offline a bit, had alot to work on at home. When I came home Friday afternoon I had not one but two packages with SWG in my mailbox. The canadian online firm where I ordered it a month ago must have messed up. Or rather it seems I did.. I payed for both so I must have doubleclicked or something. Anyway I had so much to do Friday so I couldnt install it, then saturday came and I installed it, late at night tried it an hour then they had to take the servers down for a restart (LOL). Then Sunday I couldn't get online due to RL issues, so I tried some late at night. Yesterday I gave one of my copies to Javelinhawk and we tried it together for a few hours.

I've been waiting quite a while to test this game out and I've heard alot of different views and reviews from people both in the beta and in the game after launch. Some bad and some good. I had decided early on to actually try it and see for myself.

The little I have seen yet is very good indeed. I like it alot. It differs a bit from AO in controls ofcourse and it takes a while to learn how to go about and just walk around :p. I started an artisan (crafter) on Starsider, wich is said to be one of the more populated servers. There are a few things that I like about this game and it's the fact that I can team with anyone online if I want. There are NO restrictions like in AO where I can't team someone too high or too low. I could go on a trip with someone very skilled and still get experience in the things I do. I haven't done very much yet, some missions, grouping and crafting simple items. As Meenie says, the feeling of something new and unknown, I don't know anything about this game and it's like in the beginning of AO. I need to learn stuff in a new way. I have to try to find my way out in an unknown wilderness.

The maps.... It's outright huge, this game. 7 planets I think and each almost as big as Rubi Ka itself, filled with dangerous mobs, interesting locations and cities as big as Omni one.

The people.... So far I have only encountered nice and helpful people. I can teach others any skill I know. I met a guy yesterday that tought me 8 languages, so now I can actually understand what a wookie says :p . I tought Javelin the languages when he came online. so he's up to date with the skills.

I will try it some more before I have more to say. These are just my first impressions. As you can see I'm quite positive eventhough they say the game is buggy. But those who remember the first staggering months of AO would say it's nothing compared to what we had to experience back then.

Just my 2cr
BigSwede

Return to Alternate Worlds