Keep SWG discussions here please

Haven to discuss other worlds than that of Rubi-Ka & Hyboria.

Keep SWG discussions here please

Postby BigSwede » Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:44 pm

In order to keep the normal forums clean I feel it's best to have the discussions about SWG in here instead.
BigSwede

nononononon

Postby BlueMeenie » Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:34 am

No

SWG is going to conquer every corner of the known universe.

as soon as i can get a ship fast enuf to get me to rubi ka, im going to
invade :p

Han wont let me borrow the falcon ! :cry:
BlueMeenie

Postby Cogs » Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:20 am

Hot dang! Man the battlestations and look sharp...the rebels are coming!!
Dont worry about invading Rubi-Ka btw, the planet is almost barren anyway...........lol (meaning a lot of ppl are infected by the SWG virus :P )
Silly ole bugger
Cogs

Postby Stillhaa » Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:54 am

we will find a cure for this dangerous virus....i've been able to cure 2 peeps from this evil virus so far, but i need to test my vaccine on a couple more before i let it loose on the masses ;)
Stillhaa

Postby Cogs » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:58 am

Well, I stood with the box in my hand yesterday....at 699,-Nkr. I battled the virus succesfully...it held no grip over me...I walked back out...a free man!
Onward to glory on the only home I know...Rubi-Ka!
Silly ole bugger
Cogs

Postby Volais » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:53 am

The game costs like...$60 here. A little, nay, WAY to much for an MMORPG.

My manager laughed his ass off when he found out the MSRP.
Volais

Postby BigSwede » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:23 pm

Yes, perhaps it is a tad bit expensive. One has to review what one gets for the money though. AO cost me 495 SEK when it was released (approx. $52), it was then extremely buggy and barely playable at all. Then Notum wars that added land control among other things (land control being the major addition to the game mechanics), wich I got for 295 SEK ($30). Adding those two results to approx $82.

I got SWG for around 450 SEK ($47) and that includes land control, working tradeskills and the possibility to actually build your own house (a feature Funcom said would be in the release of AO, but never got to add to the game) This among alot of other things. In AO for example the very best items can only be found on 18 hour spawned uber mobs wich require multiple teams and good organization. The best items in SWG can only be made by the very best tradeskillers. In AO you can't team a level 200 if you are below level 145 yourself. In SWG you can team anyone, be it a newbie or a Jedi Knight. And sure, SWG IS buggy! But coming from the launch days of AO it feels alot less buggy than AO was.

The monthly charge differs between the two, yes. But not very much. I would say that if I pay the one year price for SWG, I would get away with around 2 halfyear subscriptions in AO. So, actually in the end I would say it's not that expensive compared to AO.

Ofcourse this is my personal view to it.
BigSwede

Postby BlueMeenie » Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:54 am

Hi Guys,

I few comments on what big was saying.

I relly do prefer this to AO now. Last night i sucessfully placed a PA hall after getting a master architect to make it for me. It cost about 400K in resources. but its up now. its about this size of the Council building in Tir.

Today im going fishing in naboo, i was in the architects house there, it was lovly, a perfect spot on the beach, i spotted her trophies on the walls of her house, and she offered to take me fishing.

So i now have my rod and some bait , and im looking foreward to our expedition.

there is only 1 think i miss atm, and thats the community spirt that we have on ao.

but im sure with a little time this will fall into place too
BlueMeenie

Postby BigSwede » Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:32 am

Nice Meenie. I'd like a house too some day, but the costs....
BigSwede

Postby Cogs » Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:00 am

Sounds cool, and beleive me, Im not trying to diss SWG, really, lol.
If you check the one year subscription for AO, Big m8, you will see that its been cut $8. Ao is cheaper to play, but I suspect SWG willl also cut prices eventually, when the novelty of it has wore off.
Quite honestly, I wouldnt mind trying SWG, but at the moment so much is happening for us on AO that I dont even wanna think about it. Another huge point for me, is that I have a bunch of friends on AO and RKFF has holds on me I cannot explain :D. The community, as Meenie mentions, is at least 65% of the game for me.
The concern that many of the SWG critics have, is that you can finish most anything in the game in 2 weeks...and then theres not a whole lot more to do..., but..Im assuming this is some ppl's viewpoint..it cant really be that shallow?
Ill check again later, when prices have dropped...as for now, only 2 weeks till Shadowlands comes out.....so Im hanging in here :)
Silly ole bugger
Cogs

Postby BigSwede » Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:26 am

Well, I haven't played it that long, but I guess someone with no life and insomnia could do it all in a couple of weeks. Still, there is alot to explore, many worlds to travel to and the community in SWG will surely develop aswell. Remember, the guys who make SWG are the very same that made EQ.. How long has EQ been up btw? Quite a while I'd say, and people are still playing it.
BigSwede

Postby Jpegg » Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:39 am

/me puts up a crucifix to SWG and shouts 'GET BACK, GET AWAY FROM ME OR I'LL CALL THE POLICE !!!!!!!!'
Jpegg

Postby Sertha » Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:55 pm

I played SWG....didnt like it very much :evil:
Sertha

Postby Volais » Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:29 pm

im about to try the demo. I too..am interested in this game. But.....well..I tried to leave AO. I even went back to Everquest and retook command of my old guild, and even tried Horizons while at it....yet i couldnt resist....the pull of this damned guild from hell is just to strong! DAMN YOU ALL FOR MAKING ME LIKE YOU!
Volais

Return to Alternate Worlds