Check out this non-SWG MMORPG

Haven to discuss other worlds than that of Rubi-Ka & Hyboria.

Check out this non-SWG MMORPG

Postby Volais » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:14 pm

http://www.istaria.com

Its awsome! Ok...the screens look cool...but the game...you must play it to understand how awsome it is! Currently im in the beta program (Its closed beta..VERY few people are let n!)

Just look at it! Trust me!
Volais

Postby Jpegg » Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:26 am

Three posts below on the list, theres a thread goin on it ;) Begins with World Of Warcraft and Horizons in also mentioned.

/me feels sad at the prospect of everyone leaving which no doubt they will :(
Jpegg

Postby Flameforge » Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:58 pm

This Horizons game keeps being advertised by people. I dunno, seems kinda crappy to me. (Playable dragons? Puhleeze, that was lame even in MUDs)

WoW still has 9 months or more before release. I can't take that one seriously. Looks like cartoon 3D online Diablo ;)

Maybe we should all check out that 3D online chat game where you can meet people, play checkers, and uh... chat. I'm so serious about this I can't even remember the name of this one Image
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Volais » Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:28 pm

there are two of those...ones called "Activeworlds"..I used to play that..and the other i think is called "There"

But...Im not LEAVING AO...I might pay extra for Horizons...i dunno...flame...yopui MUST be a tad more open woith Horizons...Trust me...tis truely awsome (And the dragons are pretty damn awsome to..I heard we may be able to play dryaids someday to!)
Volais

Postby Cipheer » Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:12 am

I heard from many a meeage boards tht horizions will be the shizznits but I alos heard that about star geeks and was dissapointed at launch and I even pay for it so I can pop in and see if It gets better ... IMHO it doesnt *sighs* will cancel and get a secondary AO account that I will use possible and check hrizons out later..As far as Wow goes I have a strange feeling it will get exploited to shit like d2 ...
"Computer games don't affect kids
I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids we'd all be running around in darkened rooms munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
- Kristian Wilson Nintendo Inc
Cipheer

Postby Auropia » Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:52 am

No doubt in my mind i will join in on Horizons,The beta roxxor and well..wouldnt mind trying something new,even if its just for a few months :D
Squad commander- Ancarim Iron Legion

*retired from AO*
Auropia

Postby Jpegg » Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:22 am

nah, not for me. Rub-Ka I'll stay til my times up
Jpegg

Postby Gearsoul » Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:35 am

Horizons: Empire of Istaria

EverQuest's twin brother and/or sister? I have to admit that this was what I thought when I first read this article. Without taking any sort of look into the website, with just a glance here, I judged it as a flop. A game that would not interest me in the least bit.
Not one bit! Nope! Not I! Not the one who spends more time on Rubi-Ka than half our Guild combined! Noooo...

:o

Then, it just so happens that I went and took a look at their website. Whoah! Hey now! Put those pitchforks down! It was just an innocent little peek...*lowers her voice*...that turned into some rather intersted perusing.
I have to admit that the thing that grabbed my attention was what turned Flame off the most; a PC (Player Character) Dragon race. There are, of course, concerns about the playability of such a creature in a universe such as Horizons. There are, of course, major balance issues that could ensue in this game because of such a race being given to the populace of Horizons.
I love dragons, though. It started as an in depth curiosity about dinosaurs, and in the years to come it grew into a fondness for the mythical drakes and dragons of old. There's a lot of real boring blabbering that could follow on this subject, but I'll just leave it at that.
The second thing that got me even more interested was when I heard of some people I know in THIS game wanting to try out Horizons as well. And when I say try I DO mean try...it's not utter abandonment. It's curiosity for something out there that is a step up or a bit 'unique'.
I'm not going to say who these people are. It's their place to say whether they are going to fade away for awhile to try out some other MMPORG or not. As it's my place to do what I'm doing. :wink:
The game doesn't come out until February, so you'll see me on 24/7 until then at least. Then, I will be cutting back my playing time here to at least go and check out Horizons. I won't close out my account right out like I did when I went to take a break (as my fellow Rollerrats about that one), but I will NOT be on as often as I am now.
FunCom...eh...I can't say that I'd miss this game if I went to ANY other game. The only thing I would miss is the people IN the game with me when I'm here. Like Sel said in his "What's in a Guild?" post...we are a tight-knit group of people willing to help each other out.
That's the best we could all ask of each I think. We could be asking more from FunCom, though. *snicker*

-Gearsoul
Gearsoul

Postby Jpegg » Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:48 am

Well, I was in a relationship with a dragon for about seven years, woa, don't wish that on anyone. Thankfully, my son is 100% human :P
Jpegg

Postby Flameforge » Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:41 pm

Now now, Peg, that's a bit harsh, eh ;)

I don't have anything against dragons, in fact I think they're wonderful creatures. Reading Dragonlance novels first truly introduced me to them, which has lead to me playing dragon NPCs when DMing AD&D games. But my point was that they are just too wonderous, powerful and magical to simply be controlled/played by us (not to mention all the d00ds) ;)

By the way, I do believe "dragons" existed. Not the flying, fire-breathing, magic-imbued type popularised in fairy tales, but certainly as a type of lizard dinosaur.

And back to games... no, nothing wrong with trying out other games on the market. A bit of change is always nice, and who knows, you may find a game you enjoy more. I played Ragnarok Online for a month, but found that really boring, although it did have a couple of nice features.
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Auropia » Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:58 am

Well..Im in the Horisonz beta now :D YAY!

And ive actually started Playing Firesprout..My tiny blue dragon ;D hehehehe

From the little ive spent there,im in love..It seems to have real potential :D

A bit laggy in the startup area,other than that its awsome..
Its kinda cool,that to make something u need to collect the items needed,and make them..and then get someone to finsih the pesific Obejct..
Challenging atleast:D
Squad commander- Ancarim Iron Legion

*retired from AO*
Auropia

Postby Jpegg » Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:20 am

bleh
Jpegg

Postby Volais » Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:11 pm

Well..as the only two people in the Horizons beta, Auro and I could probably answer all the questions you have on it.

About Dragons. Dont worry..they are greatly balenced. You have precious little classes to chose from. Also dragons are better at melee fighting, using skills and the like. Doing tradeskills with them is very difficult.

But trust me...they are well represented in the game.

But talking about other games...Im staring to look at one no one is really talking about at theis moment...Everquest 2...
Volais

Return to Alternate Worlds